I don't think people care if Igloo wins games or who they beat. Regardless of the outcome of any game we all know deep down how good our kids are. If Igloo beats 91 it does not mean that every kid on Igloo is better then every kid on 91. Reading this board that is what it seems many parents (not just Igloo parents) think. Since we all know Igloo has multible 6th graders on the 5th grade team and one of the best players they have is a 5th grade kid that is old enough to be in 6th it leaves Igloo open to be criticized. You should not be offended when age is brought up as a factor in helping Igloo succeed BECAUSE IT IS a factor. If it was not helping Igloo win games they would not take older kids. I for one think any parent who lets a kid play down a year, even for a great team like Igloo is making a big mistake. I think most would agree that a kid is better served playing with his age group even for a lesser team. Having older kids work great for a team to win games but hurts the kid playing down.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can you attest that 91 DOES NOT have kids as old or older then Igloo ? WHen 91 plays out of state do they make sure when they play the U brackets that they check their roster to make sure a held back kid is not too old ? No, they frekin dont, STop crying , the kids on those tow teams are the same age.
Igloo is the best 5th/6th grade team playing in the 2021 year. 91 is the best pure 5th grade team playing in the 2021 year.

[quote=Anonymous]Would love to see TL play Igloo.
Seems to me they are never in the same tournaments.
No 2021 LI team has beaten Igloo.
[/quot

NO, there is no need to check. A local area such as LI, NY has several large clubs, fielding 1,2,or even 3 teams at each age division. A dishonest registrant would not last one event on an incorrect age bracketed team. We see each other so often at all local league events and tourneys, that this is simply so. NO parent would allow it, as we see evidenced upon these threads. I can NOT speak for teams while out of town, but as far as ROSTERING a kid incorrectly, this would not, has not, and will not happen. Competing teams would squawk louder than all of you here, combined. Just as you accuse us of crying, then you would imagine the crying if we were to get into the whole re-classification thing, or PG, or whatever scam some folks use to get a leg up.