Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Often the very best players on the field don't show well in goals scored all the time. Some girls have huge impacts on the field in CT, GB, assists, pressure etc..... Many times the best player on the field is not the leading goal scorer. You will often see one girl completely control a game and walk away with only a goal or two. This is the reason college coaches go to games. Don't be jealous of the goal scorers, who cares. If these girls play well rounded lacrosse, good for them, if they are a one trick pony ( go to goal with three or four fan penetration attempts without a pass) and are true black hole that is unfortunate.

Amen...

All I will say is that our High School Yellow Jackets Players are black holes and when they do pass, they only pass to each other. I am sure it is true of other travel program kids but we only have YJ's that I know of. They are very good players, but so are many other girls on the team who don't play club. Very hard to root for them and its sad. Makes for a divided bench and a divided parents sideline. High School is not the same as the summer travel circuit.