Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really. SO your telling me at tryouts 91 and Express make sure that nobody in that grade level was held back and would violate a U bracket when they compete out of State ? There tryouts go by GRADE and they play out of state and have never to my knowledge told a player he couldnt compete because of it. Your deluding yourself. The truth is that the kids on the Island teams are pretty much all the same age but this is a way to make you feel better about losing to Igloo.
Can you attest that 91 DOES NOT have kids as old or older then Igloo ? WHen 91 plays out of state do they make sure when they play the U brackets that they check their roster to make sure a held back kid is not too old ? No, they frekin dont, STop crying , the kids on those tow teams are the same age.
Igloo is the best 5th/6th grade team playing in the 2021 year. 91 is the best pure 5th grade team playing in the 2021 year.

Would love to see TL play Igloo.
Seems to me they are never in the same tournaments.
No 2021 LI team has beaten Igloo.

NO, there is no need to check. A local area such as LI, NY has several large clubs, fielding 1,2,or even 3 teams at each age division. A dishonest registrant would not last one event on an incorrect age bracketed team. We see each other so often at all local league events and tourneys, that this is simply so. NO parent would allow it, as we see evidenced upon these threads. I can NOT speak for teams while out of town, but as far as ROSTERING a kid incorrectly, this would not, has not, and will not happen. Competing teams would squawk louder than all of you here, combined. Just as you accuse us of crying, then you would imagine the crying if we were to get into the whole re-classification thing, or PG, or whatever scam some folks use to get a leg up.

Wow. Me, delusional. Have a nice day, friend. Wait. Perhaps I should explain my point. This would not be managed by the club. The involvement of competing parents would not allow this. Can you imagine, let's say, @ Express teams and one or two 91 teams at the same event, and one was to finish higher in bracket.... Do you not think that, (being that little Johnnie's knowledge of almost WHO, HOW OLD, and IN WHAT GRADE every kid is in) the competing factions of the clubs would blow the whole thing wide open? You may be CORRECT about how insane most of this all is! My ONLY intention is to illustrate that the MD PA< etc., methods of cheating (hold back, PG, etc) would not work here because these clubs and kids AND parents have all run with one another along the way at some point. NOT saying that they aren't crazy, but the age cheat will NOT go without being exposed around here.