Originally Posted by Anonymous
well how was it? big turnout? competition?

It was broken down into 2 groups, 2017's and 2016 and 2015's there was about 80 kids in the group I was watching. Competition was very good ( although I did not see any Elite caliber kids). they expect to cut the list down to about 40 and play a "Pride of LI" game then make final decisions for the Maryland trip.. Overall it was similar to any large tryout... Shuttles, stations 4 V 3, 6 V 5, half field and full field scrimmage.. Typical complaint.. the evaluaters weren't watching but chatting to each other..

The middle school tryouts were a joke, the people doing the evaluations were barely paying attention, some kids got into the scrimmages only at the end, while others were out there almost the whole time. Watching the one on one area you had some groups were kids trying out for middie played defense the whole time while other kids trying out for middie played offense the whole time.For 90 or so dollars you could at least have 3 full hours of tryouts a few more evaluaters who pay attention.

Opted my daughters out this year and glad I did. Sending them to a few college camps instead. Better use of money I feel. Daughter did attend Brine last year, but wanted something else this year.