Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Every other sport seems to be able to be accepting and inclusive. Only travel lacrosse parents drive that wedge between players of different abilities telling everyone else that if they can't keep up to find another sport. My daughters school basketball team with some aau players, no issue. Softball with some travel kids, no issue. Premier soccer players, no issue. Good sportsmanship all around. Only travel lacrosse parents try to justify bad behavior, selfish play and running up scores

Originally Posted by Anonymous

Then your lucky with the teams you have found in other sports because I have found the same exact thing in basketball and soccer. We have been on both sides of the argument and I have no problem at all with kids dominating one sport or another, good for them.

I think is it's not so much the lacrosse parents but the division breakouts. In soccer and basketball there are leagues with 8 or so teams in each, and these generally more closely aligned in ability so the chances of a blowout are lessened. I'd much rather see lacrosse ditch the 2 division grouping with its wildly disparate teams and have league play. I've been told that lacrosse groups and schedules as it does because there are fewer teams than the other sports but IDK, that seems less and less valid as the lacrosse community grows.

In our town kids are quiting PAL in droves. We had a strong program and now are struggling at almost every grade. Only travel is growing by leaps and bounds and new travel clubs are popping up weekly. Lots of money to be made. If you arent willing to play all summer and write big checks you are being left behind. Still need 20 girls or so for teams coaches need to remember that.