Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think that there are too many girls playing varsity lacrosse that should not be. You people are blaming girls for being too good! This is rediculus. Some of us have invested years of money and time to get our girls to this position. We are hoping for college scholarships. In college it will be even more intense. As Varsity players, Stats matter. If you have to complain about girls scoring too many points, or being too rough, your daughter should not play. Find a non-contact sport like swimming and try not to complain if your daughter gets splashed!

AMEN!

Every other sport seems to be able to be accepting and inclusive. Only travel lacrosse parents drive that wedge between players of different abilities telling everyone else that if they can't keep up to find another sport. My daughters school basketball team with some aau players, no issue. Softball with some travel kids, no issue. Premier soccer players, no issue. Good sportsmanship all around. Only travel lacrosse parents try to justify bad behavior, selfish play and running up scores

Then your lucky with the teams you have found in other sports because I have found the same exact thing in basketball and soccer. We have been on both sides of the argument and I have no problem at all with kids dominating one sport or another, good for them.