I have witnessed so much good out there that these bad situations are the exception and not the rule. I have witnessed officials and timers turning score-boards off and using running time .I have seen winter and club games where jerseys were exchanged and teams were balanced for a quality game. I have seen HS games handled in similar ways....I agree that common sense has to prevail but without leadership stepping in and fostering that approach it will not improve. ADs need to attend games and make sure they have a feel for whats going on. They are accountable for making sure a coach can handle the good and the bad of those HS situations. Over the years I have often felt the game against an inferior opponent is a lose=lose situation for everyone. If schools have a plan going into those contests we can make it a win-win situation. HS sports teach more than just winning. Empathy and compassion have a place as well and I have seen it first hand. Look to the leadership to help insure that future situations are handled more appropriately. ADs should have more hands on these situations at the HS and middle school level.