How does looking at the different 2021 clubs and showing appreciation for the ones who are talented and run well equate to living through your son ? My kids not on an A team but I have friends whos kids are and I enjoy competitive level they play on and we at times talk about the diffrent clubs and what we think of them.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where does the Checkmate Shark rank at this age?

You really want someone's opinion on where a team ranks after reading the threads on this forum?
I am as crazy as the next person, but really the posts here about 10 yo lacrosse are insane.
If your son is playing lax at 10, clubs offer teams at every level for your player, which is a good thing. If he is on a team where it's all about winning and he runs one shift per half, move him to another team where he gets more time on the field. They learn lacrosse IQ more during games then practices. They need to be on the field.
Clubs find equal competition for every team at every level, some days go well, some don't but if your son is playing and wants to play, that's what it is all about.
There are some excellent teams at the 2021 age and competition is always spirited and I would never take anything away from these kids that perform at a very high level at 10. But everyone needs to check their ego at the door and just make sure your player is having fun and developing. It's a long road ahead to the D1 players everyone thinks they have at this young age.
This is just my opinion and I am sure I will get chastised in subsequent posts about how I know and understand nothing about what is and is not important. Face the facts, the kids enjoy running around the hotel with their teammates just as much if not more than the tournament to which we travel. Have fun, they are 10 and don't burn them out.

No chastising here, I think you are spot on dude. Way to many dads living vicariously thru their kids these days. It's become an epidemic.