Seriously, this thread is supposed to be about the new Kellenberg coach, not the academic credentials of any of the Catholic schools. And as is usual, there are lots of posters on here who don't know what they are talking about, did not attend either of the subject schools or don't have children that attend those schools.

All Catholic high schools on LI base admissions upon the same COOP test, and then grades. There is no separate test for entry into Chaminade. Chaminade's freshman class is 400+ boys. St. A's and Kellenberg are about equal on the sexes, but the size comes in around 700-800 per class. So, one could state that Chaminade is more exclusive and debate the merits of the educations offered at all of the schools. You can;t go wrong with any of the three mentioned here.

There are pros and cons academically to both Chaminade and St. A's (e.g., a former teacher at Chaminade that I know lamented to me that the really bright students didn't get the attention or experience they should have had given the demands of the remainder of his class). This can be said about St. A's, Kellenberg or any other high school I am sure.

Having gone to St. A's, but living and raising my kids in Flyerland, LI is blessed to have so many excellent Catholic high schools (academically and athletically) from which to choose. Not every school is right for every student, regardless of their respective academic achievement.

And to the poster that asked--yes, kids struggling at St. A's get weeded out pretty quickly to other Catholic high schools or--horrors!--public schools. I started St. A's as a freshman with 639 students and graduated with 410. That's quite a drop off. It is the same at every school, Chaminade included.