Originally Posted by Anonymous
Relax buddy!!! That is genuine opinion. And let's look at recruiting. How many kids in the last 10 yrs out of kellenberg went div 1? So let's see what answer u have for that? I guess your son couldn't make one of those teams so u bash it!

I am sure you don't know how many kids went D1 from Kellenberg. That is not the point. The original poster wanted to know the difference between the 3 schools. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are two of the top programs in the country every year. They get majority of the “elite” lax players around LI. Both schools have over 100 players try out for their Varsity teams. They only take 30. So that means 70 or so players will not be playing at their schools. Chaminade is better academically. Kellenberg is the “baby brother” school of Chaminade. They generally follow the same academic standards and curriculum. Kellenberg’s Lacrosse team is a couple of steps (3-4) below the “top two”. I know the coach (who coached at St.Anthony’s and is an Express director) is trying to build a program (he has been there 3 years I think). He gets some really good kids and some not so good kids. I am sure some of them went “somewhere” to have the privilege of playing lacrosse in college. But the bottom line is education. All three schools are excellent academically and send 99% of their graduates to college. And those colleges don’t care about whether or not the student was on an A or B travel team in 7th grade….

Sorry to break it to you, St Anthonys is NOT great academically!

I was trying to be nice....