No, I get it. We are on the same page. I was just asking in the context of if in a year, he still wants to continue playing competitively. Would Kellenberg be an option? I think his two HS choices are going to be there and Chaminade. He likely can't play at Chaminade but if Kellenberg affords him a realistic opportunity to play and enjoy high school a little more, then maybe we factor it in. He is my first kid going to HS so I am just trying to understand the competitive landscape. Maybe he will decide that he wants to give up lax and become a tuba player in the marching band, then so be it. I don't think he will be playing DI but I guess you never know.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is not to belittle or demean but I don' think a decision should be based on whether or not your son will one day wind up playing Varsity Lacrosse. What happens if he gets hurt? He falls out of favor with the coach for some unknown reason, he tires of lacrosse, the academic rigors are more than can handle and play sports. The decision to attend these schools mentioned should be about the right fit academically and socially before ANY sport comes into your decision. I just went through this my son, and those were our deciding factors before sports.