Why bother explaining this. You are not going to change some of these parents minds. They see what they want to see and interpret rules to feel better about the team their kid is on. I say let the kids and teams do the talking with play on the field. No team has ever beat TLI, Igloo, Icon, 91, Express or any other team on BOTC. If I left anyone out it was not intentional. Just remember the more elite teams we have the better it is for all 2021 kids as they reach 8th grade and above. Good luck to all the boys and teams this season.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well you what is stated above is not entirely true. US Lacrosse age guidelines go U9, U11, U13, U15. And TLI goes U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, etc. That means the even year teams should play the grad year teams determined by whatever the highest grade of any team member is. For example, a U10 team should play 2021 in a grad year tourney even if there is one 5th grader on the team not claim to be a 2022 team and justify it by saying there are older kids in 4th grade. A U10 team this summer (unless really good) should play in the B division of a U based tourney. I have to say I agree with age based requirements and like the setup of TLI. However, US lacrosse for some reason goes with a 24 month age spread, which has always puzzled me.

http://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines.aspx