Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now you sound like a petty little person. Your still
saying a 14 yr old will beat a 17 - 18 yr old. Amazing!!!
I guess you win this argument. Congrats. The turtles
and the dukes of today would beat the ward melvilles,
garden city's, massapequa's, farmingdale's, yorktown's
and west genesee's of the 80's. Also the chaminade's
and st Anthony's. Do you realize how silly you sound now?

Lets just drop the age group difference and leave it at todays varsity programs of (fill in your district here) would beat the [lacrosse] out of same districts varsity program from 15-25 years ago.

You people are nuts!! I played for Melville back in the 80's under Couzzo. We destroyed every other team on LI. Our F/O guy was a state champ wrestler. Other guys were football superstars. My teammates were all self-motivated, in fact parents hardly even came to the games, and there were no training sessions and travel teams. Only wish we could bring it on! This is all nonsense. Today's teams may have better equipment, but our athleticism and heart are no match for today's spoiled, soft kids! My kids play for Melville now, and although they are still great, kids today are way more distracted with other things.

It's obvious that you will never get back from your long trip of self aggrandizement; and its a pity that you hold your son and his peers in such low regard in comparison to your former self inflated memories. Who exactly made your kid soft and spoiled?

Who cares who you played for? Did that some how infuse you with superhuman traits that will never be surpassed by the mere mortals of today?...the other teams of that time were equally as inept skill wise as yours. Your team may have come out on top, but it was in an era of lower skills being supplemented by aggression. (And what pray tell, does being a state champ in wrestling even mean? Did he "wrestle" the ball away with a half Nelson??)

"Football super stars. Destroying teams. Bring it on. No match to your athleticism and heart."
Do you see a commonality here in your choice of testosterone infused wording? If there was ever a case of narcissistic self importance; this is textbook.

News flash for you....you're old now and never in your wildest dreams will your inflated recollection of your abilities ever match the skill sets of the kids of today no matter how distorted your sense of self achievement is.

Truth.

Truth by who?
A loser who never played sports. My kids are not soft, that was a reference in today's athletes in general. My recollection is based on facts. sorry you were never part of some of the best teams LI ever saw. I'm not old as you suggest, and even if I was that would be insulting, but I guess that would be what I would expect coming from the parent of a bench warmer. The only reason someone would react with such anger! Try again

[lacrosse] Hum.....I'm sorry, I dozed off during your brief and defensive diatribe out of sheer boredom. If you played lacrosse as weakly as your written retorts are; then it was you who was on the bench my clearly disillusioned and academically challenged friend.
As to your assumption that I didn't play sports?...I competed for a D1 school and achieved a national ranking of top 5 in my discipline. I would discuss Olympic trials with you but what would be the point. I'm just a bench warmer. As to my son? Let's just say his current status precludes me from saying more other than his his game has already spoken for itself and his commitment confirms that.
Et tu, Brutus?