Thanks very helpful.

Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which test are preferred the ACT or SATs - does anyone take both. Form my experience back in the 80's the west coast school wanted ACT and East coast SAT's

Originally Posted by Anonymous
So with the recruiting getting earlier and earlier, is anyone taking the standardized test any earlier.

Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC provides this reminder of the remaining Board testing dates for the 2013/2014 academic calendar year.

SAT Test Dates
January 25, 2014
March 8, 2014
May 3, 2014
June 7, 2014

ACT Test Dates
December 14, 2013
February 8, 2014
April 12, 2014
June 14, 2014
The landscape for standardized tests has changed since the 1980s with both exams taken and accepted equally across the United States.

There are some students that excel with the four part ACT over the SAT I format. Similarly, there are students who excel in Reading/Mathematics over Science/Social Studies placing the SAT I exam in their wheelhouse. Therefore, BOTC along with many institutions recommend sitting for each exam at least once.

Remember to check the admission requirements on your target institutions. Some of the variations you will find include:
  • SAT I or ACT alone
  • ACT with Writing
  • SAT I with Two SAT II Subject Exams
Also, be sure that you know the deadline for the admissions office on these exams. Some institutions will not accept December or January exams during their admission's cycle.