This is the invitation letter from the Long Island Metropolitan Lacrosse Foundation President on behalf of the City Lax Program and Gala.

Dear Friend,

I’d like to invite you to the 8th annual CityLax Gala, a benefit to be held on Thursday March 6, 2014 at the Yale Club in New [lacrosse] City.

Along with spreading the game of lacrosse throughout NYC, their goal is to use the sport and its network of players, coaches, and alumni to help motivated young men and women student athletes achieve success in high school, college and their professional careers. It is well known that participation in team sports is a teaching mechanism that helps students understand the value of taking charge of their education, living a healthier lifestyle and developing life skills for successful college and career advancement.

Before CityLax started in 2004, there were only six public high school lacrosse programs throughout three of the New [lacrosse] City boroughs. Since then, CityLax has helped fund the start-up of 32 new girls’ and boys’ varsity teams throughout all five boroughs. This year, the organization will be initiating thirteen additional PSAL programs.

To learn more about the event and to purchase tickets, make a donation, or purchase an ad in the 2014 Gala program, go to citylaxgala2014.eventbrite.com or to find out more about CityLax, visit citylax.org, or check out the brief overview in this Back of THE CAGE thread. Of course, any help in spreading the word about the CityLax fundraiser would also be appreciated.

I really hope you will be able to attend. In addition, please consider making a contribution to CityLax to enable them to continue this important work. If you have any questions or would like some further information, please let me know.

---------

Please make checks and other donations out to CityLax, Inc.
and mail to 65 West 85th Street, New [lacrosse], NY 10024
All contributions and program ads are fully tax-deductible.

The non tax-deductible portion of each ticket purchase is to be determined.

CityLax is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
Federal Tax ID # 20-4531166
www.citylax.org