Originally Posted by Anonymous
Excuse my ignorance I am relatively new to the lacrosse world,I am just looking for a little clarification on recruiting do D1 schools give both academic and athletic monies to a potential recruit?
Please do spend some time on the BOTC College Forum (just scroll down after clicking Forum List in the Ribbon Bar above). There is a great deal of information there and along at our sister site, Back of the Net. Much of the information is neither lacrosse (or soccer) specific - we hope that you avail yourself of that free service.

As for NCAA Division I monies, the answer to your question is "it depends". Ivy League schools do not offer academic scholarships. Patriot League schools (including Bucknell, Lehigh, Lafayette and American for example) have started introducing athletic money in addition to their academic offers. Other schools such as Boston College which are "need blind" in the admissions process offer aid through their financial aid programs.

There are NCAA Division I programs which offer academic scholarships, athletic awards, both and neither.