Originally Posted by Anonymous
Im just curious. In football; there is a division for developing teams. Why isn't the same being done in lacrosse? I truly feel for the situation at Copaigue. And it appears that nothing is being done as teams seem to taste blood with the mention of Copaigue.

It is done in Nassau County for Girls Lax. 4 Divisions based on strengh of the program and not school size. Look at the scores from Nassau and you will see competitive games throughout.

But they refuse to do that in Suffolk. My daughters team plays Copaigue this week. And they are saying: "let's score 30 on them." The coach also told the team: " this is the game that your families should attend." Seriously???? How about against Hauppauge or one of the better teams in the league? Copaigue may lack talent; but heart and desire are indeed present. It is indeed a shame when a coach will condone such unsportsmanlike behavior.

Board Moderator
Back of THE CAGE

Posts: 7208 BOTC has been contacted by one of the larger girls town clubs on Long Island that wants to reach out to the Copiague Club. If any readers have contact information for the Copiague Club, please pass that along to us here on the Board or at our e-mail address : cagesage@backofthecage.com. Thank you to the Community!

Dear Copiague Youth Girls Lacrosse Club,

I am the Director for a local girls youth lacrosse program and would like to reach out to someone involved in the Copiague youth girls program. Does anyone have a contact for me?

Randall Grossman.....the coach of Longwood is attributed to the above mentioned quote...but his team went 4-12.