Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
same with Oyster Bay League in the spring. Accept it friends.
BOTC has never understood the weekly rebalancing of match-ups based on team performances. Since all of these rebalancing leagues are not keeping records, standings, and results, exactly what is being rebalanced? Or are standings being kept and not shared?

Our view is that for the money being spent - your money - a stronger set of organizational skills can and should be demonstrated. Youth Lacrosse does itself a disservice by NOT having any resources devoted to recording team results. Armed with that information, it would be much easier to slot teams in tournaments and leagues with competitive results on a more consistent basis.

Should BOTC become the bookkeeper for team results which can be consulted to slot teams? Is this a function that the community would use?

This annual rebalancing of the competition gets old as an excuse. Our belief is that too many of these leagues are loose around the edges since they actually do not know which teams are willing to play week to week.

Notice that you do not have these problems with the NPYLL (National Premier Youth Lacrosse League), NPYGLL (National Premier Girls Youth Lacrosse League), and many others. You get a schedule and play to that plan - period.

As it should be. On Thursday of last week we had two games scheduled and by the weekend no games. Because of stuff like kids missing because of birthday parties. Got news for you - you keep records and make it more than a glorified scrimmage and say no show equals forfeit - teams will show. I get conflicts but there is only 8 needed on the field - so if you carry 24 and 10 can't make it you are still good. But you're right Cage - this is a revenue stream for the owners (which is fine) but it could be a premiere league. Please Rockstar - a little effort and it will become the place to play in the winter.

They had a score keeper , time keeper, two certified refs and balls on end line. That's more effort than I see in spring league or some tournaments in the summer. Any coaches complaining or just parents who need standings for winter lacrosse? I'm thinking just parents. Coaches would rather have players available and play competitive games.