Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cage - I recently filled out a bunch of online questionnaires for my 2017 daughter. After I was done, I realized that I put the wrong 1 mile time for her, by mistake! I put down 7:08, instead of 6:38, on any forms that asked for a mile time...I'm so frustrated and upset over it...can you give me any advice? Do you think I should fill them out again, or email the coaches, or just leave it alone? I'm so pissed! I appreciate your thought, or ideas, on it.
First and foremost : Completing online questionnaires should be a job for your daughter. While you can participate in the exercise of reviewing content (letters, schedules, resume details), your daughter needs to take an ownership role in the completion of these expressions of interest.

If ownership was in the right place, perhaps this mile time error would not have happened.

At this point, your daughter should draft a letter which can be sent to the target college coaches and introduce herself. In that letter she should explain that her mile time has improved since the original entry on the questionnaire. The last thing a college coach wants to hear from a potential player is "my mom did it wrong for me".

Most importantly, a target college coach that has yet to form a coach-recruit relationship with your student-athlete daughter certainly does not want that first contact coming through Mom.

Hope that this helps.