Originally Posted by Anonymous
not true - my son is in school with a 6th grader playing on the 5th grade team.

I have no problem what igloo does because it is within the rules. Parents that have 6th graders born after 8/31/02 are asked to have their kid play for Igloo 5th grade team provided they can make it. Igloo does the same thing with the 4th grade team. Kids that tried out for the 5th grade team that were born after 8/31/03 are moved down to the fourth grade team if they can't make the 5th grade team. This why at tryouts igloo asks for birth certificates. I know for a fact that this is the practice of Igloo. I don't know how many older kids are on either team but I do know spots are available to them.

False. There Are zero fifth graders on the 4th grade igloo team. Igloo 2022 is all fourth graders an all u-10, period.

I know that 2021 kids were offered spots on the 2022 team. I don't know if they accepted.

You don't even make sense.. You state that you know for a fact that 5th graders are moved down to 4th grade igloo, then you say they are offered spots but you don't know if they accept them?? You don't know and you don't even understand the contoversy which is that if 5th grade igloo has 6th graders on their team it is NOT within the rules to play in a 2021 or 5th grade tournament.