Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know for a fact that the 2020 Express "A" team has kids that were held back a year as well. SO WHAT ??

Maybe we should have a 2020 AA Cheater Division? Sounds like Express and 91 could post teams.

I am confused... based on the chart from Sage- any kid left back for one year would still be in the correct division. Why all the hate? And how is this unethical? Are coaches/teams/programs- not supposed to be following this guideline?

The point is that the top 2020 teams from 91 and and Express have players that are a year older, and some of their parents deny it constantly. They are not "cheating" at all with the rules as they are. If they would just say, "Yes, some of our players are supposed to be in 7th grade", I think that would stop a lot of this. It obviously gives them an advantage, and people would like for them to state the truth. The constant hollow denials are what keeps this going.

No, that's not correct - the players fall into the 2019 age guidelines as posted by Cage, however their parents play them in the 2020 age division. That is by definition cheating. They play them in that age group with the justification that they don't care what the age guidelines are - they only care what year they graduate.