The following discussion/response is replayed from another thread on the Tryouts Forum.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
How bout I comment on all "white" teams. See if you can get your child on another organizations A team. After, 5th grade you have a better chance of winning the Power Ball than being brought up to the Orange team. In tryouts they keep all the A kids together every chance they get. I'm not saying they never sent a kid down. But to be brought up? Rare. The White teams are always an afterthought, and if you are going to stay with 91 long term, ask yourself this, what college coach is going to care to watch your child on the White team? It's often said that the White teams are just moneymakers. And if the White team is the third team in an age group, run away, fast.
Believe me when I say I don't mean to come across as arrogant because up until a few years ago I had thought the same way you are thinking. As a parent and coach of two players on the recruiting scene or age as well as a younger player you are incorrect when you say "what college is going to come and watch a white team or any B team at any organization." It is rare that a recruiter comes to watch an Orange team or Red, Blue etc team. While they will come and watch some county finals at the Varsity level, coaches come to watch a "player" they are interested in and not a team of players. They will watch a team at a recruiting event over the summer. Ok off the soapbox