Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are way wrong. My son played for Legacy last season and was cut this year. As were a bunch of other Legacy kids. My son is crushed. If they kept 8 total Legacy kids from last year on both teams combined that would be a lot. I think the 2 2021 teams they have are both going into A brackets from what I am told. They decided to not have a 3rd team at the 2021 level for whatever reason. There were at least 6 kids that I know that are real good players that got cut. It stinks!!

Sorry to hear that...take a look at the top of this page though - there are some other teams holding 2021 tryouts this weekend. Maybe those 6 kids can still find a good home.

I'm another former Legacy parent. My understanding is they only kept 6 Legacy kids. So it's the rest of the team (about 15 boys?) that need to find a new team at this late date in the try-out season. Very sad for the kids and for the families who thought it was a great first season and thought we'd grow with this new organization or at least get another year with them after going in blind last year. Guess it is what it is. Just left a bad taste with me.

Two other people said 14 legacy kids were offered spots on A and B

in my opinion - lotsa palm pressing and promises were made to go from one team to this in a year