It did not say Legacy took over Riptide, it said they " merged" Are you telling me Riptide cast its players to the wind with no more then a "good luck". WOuld you ever do that if you had players under you ? " Hey Riptide parents, great news, we are all know part of legacy and half your kids wont have a place to play lacrosse next year "
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy only had a 2021 team. Riptide had a 2021 and up.

I spoke to someone who is involved with the guys behind Legacy/Riptide. The goal of putting these teams together was to make a true A team to compete with the big guys and to have an A-, B+, B team whatever that second group of kids are. I think its fair to say that there is plenty of room for kids to make this organization.

Not really. With the combination of the two teams the number of openings on the A team just shrunk, loyalty to past players which is almost always present will fill the majority of the B team and then have a few openings left. There may be a third team but the top two teams will suck up the players who could help carry it. Not saying Legacy did ANYTHING wrong but it is what it is. The merging of these two teams diminishes the chances for outside players. the people I know who had been very interested in this club are now scrambling and trying to firm up back up plans

Just an FYI…I think Legacy had ONE team last year (might be 2019, not sure). So this isn’t a “merger” that will effect that many players.
It’s going to be mainly old Riptide players with a new uniform….
[/quote]

Don't think it's good for outside players, who were thinking about Legacy [/quote]

Disagree. They can improve every team. If you think this is a jersey switch for Riptide players - I think you are wrong. Riptide was competitive and now the teams get an infusion of the Legacy tryout pool. I wonder what the numbers will look like. I can tell you if you start seeing 60-100 at various ages it will be wide open - regardless of where you played last year. Not to mention a lot of invites from other clubs will go out in between these dates. So those fighting for those A teams and miss will be here will be here. This is solely my opinion - but I wasn't bringing my son down - now I am. Why? That 2018 Riptide team is a notch below the elites and if they can add to the base and fold in Legacy coaching (they already posted the 2018 coach is a Legacy guy) they could compete on the highest level.

Again - my opinion - but that's the way I am looking at this. If I am wrong my son got a 2 hour lax clinic. [/quote]