Originally Posted by Anonymous
"High Profile" high school lacrosse players. LOL. Guess I will see them on ESPN tomorrow morning. Right up there next to Lebron James kids highlights. Hope your kid scores 10 against Copiague High School this year to keep his profile up.

Appreciate the standard BOTC “anonymous” sarcasm. High profile kids are players that are committed to high level D1 programs, who are well known at the high school level.

You mean in Long Island? Because that’s as big as their profile.

No. I meant “on” Long Island. However, a lot of players on LI have profiles that are national in scope. There are several LI club teams that are among the very best in the nation, if not “the” best. Naturally these teams have LI players, committed to premier D1 programs, that have national recognition. This is news to you???

There are several HS kids on LI that have national NIL deals and that number is growing all of the time. By definition, these kids have “high profiles”.

Aside from Spallina can you name them?

I am aware of several but not going to named them here. There’s more deals announced all the time.

Oddly enough, when you check the websites there are none other than Spallina, makes me think you're fabricating this. Considering its public information what's the secret?

I’ve seen announcements via Instagram for STX. Definitely some kids from the island. There are other companies too. It’s still an emerging phenomenon at the HS level, and growing.

I know of some Legacy and 91 kids that have deals.
Like what? a pair of slides, a few t shirts and a new head. Seriously nobody in HS or college for that matter is getting rich off lacrosse NIL deals.

Seriously. No where in this thread did it state that anyone was getting rich. Please reread the post and do your best to stay on topic. Geeesh.

And yet HS football and basketball players in HS are getting substantial money. College players getting millions. College lacrosse players getting a ham sandwich. It’s not a new phenomenon by the way, it’s been around for a bit.

College lacrosse players are now getting meaningful NIL money. 10k-20k per year and more. Google it. It’s changing recruiting.

Correct.Some teams taking full advantage of it, while others don’t even touch it. With NIL $’s, the coaches are no longer limited by the 12.5 scholarships per team. It’s a total game changer.