Originally Posted by Anonymous
East Coast Elite Lacrosse club is no longer under Dynamic. Dollar out of Sayville is the director with a bunch of really great coaches.

They have a philosophy of Long Island only, correct? I get that and see the benefits. But you have to travel occasionally, especially for HS. They played Express 4 times and lost in the Championship game twice. You want more variety than that.

Why do you need variety? lacrosse is lacrosse. Play the same tea, 10 times and you have a different outcome each time. Even if you lose all 10 games, so what? PARENTS and CLUB DIRECTORS are the only ones who care about wins and losses. You need to judge success based on two simple factors: Is your son better at the end of the year than he was at the beginning and did he have fun?
You make a valid point, at this age I look around at the kids' faces in between games and I wonder how many of them are actually having fun? Seems like parents, clubs, teams, peers, whatever it is has taken all the joy out of it. Probably the same goes for other sports, by high school age it seems to become more of a chore than a source of enjoyment.

There are so many quality tournament on or near LI, I like the idea of not having to drive/fly every weekend to play the same teams. Maybe one away tourney and the rest local is a great idea.