Originally Posted by Anonymous
2021 crazies not 2012 crazies.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. EVERY STORY HAS 3 SIDES.

FOR TOWNS THAT DO NOT HAVE STRNG PROGRAMS YES TRAVLE IS A GREAT OPTION FOR TOWNS THAT HAVE A STRONG PROGRAM AND PLAYERS GOIGN TO TRAVEL IS A DISSERVICE TO THE PLAYERS AND PROGRAM.

LAST I SAW LACROSSE WAS A TEAM SPORT AND YES PLAYING BOTH CAN AIDE TO A TOWN PROGRAM BUT TO NOT PLAY YOUR TOWN PROGRM OR NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY YOUR TOWN PROGRAM BECAUSE YOU PLAY TRAVEL IS REDICULOUS.

AT 2012 YOU WILL SEE THIS WHEN IT IS TOO LATE. BUT MANY OF YOU 2012 CRAZIES HAVE OLDER KIDS SO YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS ALREADY. WHAT IS THE SAYING FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.

heard a rumor that Garden City is going to keep their boys from playing club lacrosse...is there any validity to that rumor? I saw so many great town teams this year, like Manhasset, that could clearly hang against the club pool at tournaments. if its true then other towns may need to get on the bandwagon. there is a reason that GC is top of the high school food chain.

Garden City has one of the best HS Programs in the country.

I am not sure that changing how they do things at the youth level is going to make them any better.

Many of their best players over the last several years have played on club teams in the summer. Those kids helped make up very good GC High School Teams.

If there is a trend that restricts players and pressures them into only playing with the kids in their Town we will see a decline in the level of talent on Long Island.

Can someone please identify a sport in which the best players in the world are consistently developed by playing and training with "only" the players who live in their Town.

As the sport continues to grow the level of play will only increase and if kids are limited they will not reach their full potential.

I am not from Garden City but I can say they know what they are doing. I think it may be an attempt to change with the times. Garden City High School team is very good now but remember ten years ago when todays high school team members were in second grade not many towns were big on lacrosse. Garden city players dominated the club teams with a few other towns because not many other towns focused on lacrosse like Garden City and a few others. So Garden City may be good today because those kids in high school today had more years of playing time and better coaching playing club when many others did not. Today and starting about 5 years ago EVERY town has many kids playing club lacrosse so there will be no advantage at the high school level in 5 years from now because in 2018 all high school kids will have the same extra playing years of club lax. I see it in my town. The older kids started plaing lax in 8th grade and the skills of those kids are not as good as the 5th graders. I think Garden City is very smart in what they are doing. They will get the best coaching for thier kids and will be able to compete with the club teams. Time will tell but I agree with what they are doing.