Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
18 is to small, you have no idea what your talking about.

4 defense? 1 takes a penalty. you don't rely on your LSM in that situation as the 4th pole on man down.
you play 4 defense and 1 shorty. you need 5 def minimum.

i'm not going any further because you clearly know nothing about the sport.

Not the guy that posted the above statement but 18 was the norm not too long ago. Then club teams moved to 20 that was the standard until Express 2022 team started adding players. Cant blame them, back then it was $2,700 per year 2-4 extra players per team ( 9 grades) per year. That's a lot money almost 2 full teams of extra players with the combined grade years. They still got their top kids recruited while they took all the extra money. Their thinking at the time was "well we told the parents it would beneficial to have their kid on the second team but they wanted their kid on the A team (back then it was A teem and B team no AA ) Then more parents started asking to have their kids on the A team next thing the roster was at 30 Then they started calling the A team AA and the B team A then the C team was now a B team Parents lined up to get their kids on these teams. I was coaching another team at the time, we lost a few kids to them. eventually other clubs saw how much they were making and joined in. Now its out of control. Cant blame the clubs they are in business to make a profit It's the crazy parents that caused club lacrosse to spiral out of control.

Agree with this. Once upon a time it was 18-20. But the new norm is 20-22. I would be very surprised if anyone carry’s 18 these days.