Originally Posted by Anonymous
I surprised more 2024 teams didn’t go get run today at NYLA. So many coaches were there. Why not just go play three games locally.

NYLA was always a good event, my older son had played it a few times. Always had a good list of coaches from all divisions.
B or C tournament at the 24 age groups. No different than any other mylaxthing you can do anytime.

Not a tourney. It’s a showcase. They don’t keep score. And there were over 100 coaches there, including many D1 schools. So no, you can’t do this anytime. And the point was.. why not attend? Especially since many of this group is going to realize how hard it is to commit with the growth of the game and 5th year guys taking roster spots.. It was a great opportunity to get a look.
Interesting, Explains the B or C level teams attending with kids not getting in to traditional showcases. Theres a home for everyone.

They had a good list of coaches this year. Some of the schools I saw were not B & C level. To name a few. Bucknell, Cornell, Dartmouth, Yale., Michigan Brown.