Originally Posted by Anonymous
Live from Jersey…..YJ parent tent calls an emergency Zoom meeting with carol to address daddy/mommy ball and for a tutorial on basic offensive concepts.
Live from Jersey…..YJ parent tent calls an emergency Zoom meeting with carol to address daddy/mommy ball and for a tutorial on basic offensive concepts.

If their offense is designed to go 1 on 3 from top of the 12, then they executed quite well

Well, coaching is clearly a challenge for YJA, but I don't think it is the biggest challenge.

After watching them this Saturday and in the fall, for me the biggest challenge is roster composition. All of their starting attackers and middies (and several key backups) have incredibly individual talent -- probably the best on the island and some of the best in the nation.

Based on sum of talent, not sure any team in the country can compete. The problem is this -- every one of their 7 offensive starters in a ball dominant players, meaning they need the ball in their stick to be effective. They are at their best playing 1:1 and in a wide open game. the problem is that against any sophisticated and disciplined defense, this isn't enough.

You need people to cut off ball to strategically create space, you need to be able to feed effectively. Quite simply -- you need role players. If you watched YJB this weekend, you saw a completely different level of off-ball movement

YJA doesn't have them or at least doesn't have players willing to do this. With the current roster, this isn't a simple fix. Even if CR coached the team herself, while it would be much better, I am not sure they will win like they have in the past.

This doesn't mean they won't win any big games this summer. They defense is the strength of the team and their ride will create more than its fair share of turnovers -- which YJA can convert into scores as well as anyone. But stringing 5 or 6 games together to win tournaments will be tough.

LMAO. Has Jenn Levy reached out to your daughter yet regarding playing for UNC in 7 years yet?