Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great job Igloo, NorthFlurry. Your AA players won their first tournament ever playing in a B tournament. Your AA players never left the field in the final game (sorry, one was ejected) and you barely escaped with the win. I'm sure the real B players who were forced to sit there until sundown, all for a t shirt, were thrilled. Not sour grapes, final game was well played and close, but we are a legitimate B team. The fact is Igloo will play in B tournaments under the Flurry name, but it's all the same kids. Trust me, some of them are on our varsity, so there really is no disputing this. I wonder

if the ones who had AA players take

their B spots get to play in A tournaments and switch roles? Given the chatter on the parents sidelines I 'm sure Igloo will be answering a few phone calls today. Either way, congratulations Igloo on your first win. Parents must be proud, especially the one questioning why a kid gets tossed for cursing out a ref. Stay classy Igloo NorthFlurry.
Woo Hoo, way to go Igloo, beating up on B teams, great job. Can't wait to see what happens at the A tournaments, or are you claiming you're a B team only.

Who cares who they bring. Our kids are in High School they will have to face some of the best players on the island when they are on Varsity. Are you going to complain that Mount Sinai or Manhasset or Garden city brought their best players. At this point you are paying for club lacrosse for 1 or 2 reasons.
1) to get your kid recruited
2) to stay sharp for HS ball
Either way playing against better players will help playing against inferior competition will not help your kid. They need to be challenged. And from what I’m reading they played a good game against better competition. So be happy your kid most likely improved which is the reason you are on the field.

Thanks for trying to justify why your team has to bring their AA players in a known B level tournament. If you can't field a B team than you should have folded, not double dipped. Even your parents acknowledge that. Do your B kids play in A tournaments. Events are still by grad year 2025 or JV, not open divisions. If your varsity starter is so good let them play with the 2024/23's. Directors and clubs enter tournaments based on perceived ability so the games aren't lopsided and remain competitive. Players develop by playing, not by watching. I can say in good conscience our entire roster played equally in every game this weekend. Based on what I saw, Igloo did not do the same.

Just looked at Tourney Machine. If there info is correct, igloo won by 2 goals. Sounds like a close game. If igloo brought their A players and their A players played most of or the entire game and only won by 2 goals. Your team played the entire bench I can conclude that either Igloo is not an A team or the hornets are an A team sounds like someone has sour grape because their sons team lost. It seems they played exactly where they should of played. Close championship game. That’s what you want.