Originally Posted by Anonymous
US lacrosse stealing time from on age kids in the past, present and future.

The amount of tears here is humorous. 2 different types of holdbacks too. The kids ages 5-6 that do pre k or repeat isn’t for lax reasons. Many did it because schools felt it in the best interest of the students development. In college my hope is the 6th years got the best education they could. Wins and losses on the field will not carry them the rest of their life and people here feel they are stealing a life changing event from them.

I’m a Proud on Age Dad, and I approve this message.

I'm a proud on age dad as well. More people need to step up and say that. Parents of middle school holdbacks that did it for sports only, please respond. Let us know if your kid could compete successfully if you left them on age??? Love to hear from you.

Our son did pre-first. When he started playing lacrosse, he played with a team that were all kids his age. He did well, mainly because he is athletic and worked hard to learn the game.

After a couple years, he grew tired of not playing with his school classmates, but with kids from the next grade up. He wanted to play with his buddies from school, so we let him move to a team from his grad year.