Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good attack (men & women) put their shots on goal and they shoot for net, they do not shoot at the goalies stick, they do not simply throw the ball at the goal. The reason selfish players have low SOG% and low shooting % is because they force shots that should not be taken in order to "get theirs". Selfish players do not care that their foolish shots go into the goalies stick and results in a fast break and a goal for the other team, they do not care about the outcome of the game, their team can lose by 10 goals but if they score a few goals they are happy.

So just to clear up is a player like Sam Apuzzo a selfish player? Cause I watched a ton of her question mark shots go right into the goalie's stick. Also saw a ton of them go into the goal.

No.

Career stats….

Shooting % .537 SOG % .776[/quote]

You missed the Sam Apuzzo question mark hit the goalie stick point.[/quote]

Don't think they missed anything, there really was no point being made, the question was answered. The rest of the post was just foolish. For her career SA's SOG percentage was .776 and her shooting percentage was .537. Those numbers are right in line with all good attackers.[/quote]

I believe the Sam Apuzzo poster was responding to the “good attack shoot for the net, they don’t shoot at the goalies stick…”. I believe he is disagreeing by saying Apuzzo is a good attack and she shoots into the goalies stick often. He specifically referenced question mark shots. Saying she makes a lot but shoots into the stick often. But I could be off