Originally Posted by Anonymous
Out: Penn & Drexel

In: Arizona State & USC

Only surprise is Penn not being Top 20, I bet it's been over 10 years since the Quakers did not finish the season ranked in the Top 20. Also surprised how far Dartmouth fell off. Arizona St, Jacksonville and Rutgers have come on strong. UConn has been doing ok and UMass is quietly Top 20 more times than not.

Very surprised with the growth of the sport we have not seem more parity, basically the same programs year in and year out.

Anyone have any upset predictions for the Tournament?

If JMU gets by UConn I think they can upset Loyola and possibly BC.

In a way, yes, it's the same programs year in and year out but I think there is more parity the past five years. From 2005-2017, NU and MD won all but two national championships. Four different teams have won the last five national championship games played. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I think the years of the same team winning it year after year are over. The shot clock has helped with that also. UNC is the favorite to win it all this year and they have not made the championship game since 2016. I don't have any specific predictions, but I think there could be a few upsets along the way. Not sure NU rebounds to make the final four, and MD vs UF should be more competitive rematch. Several seeded teams will need to play really well in the second round to advance.