Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t understand why people tolerate 91.

The teams are not good at the youth ages whatsoever and the drama seems to be at an all time high for every age group.

-an amused but curious dad on a different club.

In the Baltimore/Harford County ecosystem, it's parents who:

1) For whatever reason (like status, or facilities, or coaching), don't want their kids on the AA and AAA rec clubs (HoCo, KP, Bel Air), and,
2) believe that other vanilla AA and AAA clubs like Koopers, Predators are "not serious enough" (though they are no worse than 91 at the youth level), and
3) the kids were cut from FCA and Crabs, leaving few local AA/AAA options given #1 and #2

It's that simple. Team 91 is a "situation you find yourself in" unless you're a dad coach, which is slightly different logic (and 91 loves dad coaches).

The pre High school teams are for the kids that get cut from the other teams. 91 is a true pay to play team for parents that care more about the lacrosse than the kids do. 91 will actually try to convince you that dad coaches are better than non-Dad coaches. I happened to stay after my kids game on Sunday and watched a bit of the 91 vs. FCA white game and all 3 daddy coaches pretty much played their kids the entire game. Two of the boys were not very good at all and the other was the Goalie. You tell me, should a team that is carrying 27 kids, have the coaches kid on the field while better kids sit on the bench?

Sounds like you are talking about the 2028s. Where they tried not to publicly announce Dad Coach #1s name before or during tryouts because he led a 1-7 AA squad last year and was "bringing his best kids" to AAA 91 (Who went 1-7 last year). There were a pile of red flags from Day 1. Be a more informed customer....seriously.
Don't get me started on the 91 2028 team. Coach #1 and Coach#2 and Coach #3 kids don't come off the field the entire game. And all their kids are AA players at best. Which is fine but maybe not so good in Elite.