Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Don’t care what anyone says. Belle Smith is a better player than Charlotte North.

Good player but please stop, it's not close. CN by far the best player in the game.

After watching yesterdays game neither were close to being the best player on the field . North has not been what she was in the past and opposing coaches know it , they seem to know no reason to send the early slide anymore . If they give North the Tewaaraton this year it would be ridiculous, I have watched the UNC defender outplay her every time they are matched up from back in the days when North played at Duke . If you were a coach picking players from the uNC and BC game last night North would have been the 6th or 7th pick and Smith around the 12th , a few before Wurz . There are some really good players out there that do not get the hype or accolades they deserve .
My vote for best all around player this year is Ally Mastroianni from UNC. Leaves it all on the field!

i agree. Ally is an absolute stud. I also think it's time to just admit that UNC is better than BC. It took Hall standing on her head last year for a game a lifetime for them to beat UNC. Watching JO slice and dice the BC's defense with passing, skill, timing, and shot placement was a thing of beauty. CN shoots hard. hooray. besides shooting hard what else does she do well? if you have to pause to think about it, thats a problem. and most of the time those shots are wild and ill timed, blazing over the goal into the stands with a team mate standing wide open. it's time to stop overrating her. JO is so much more refined. she has touch. if she's not scoring, she's dishing. CN tries to overwhelm you with force. When that doesn't work vs elite defenders, she's invisible. Belle Smith is a much more well rounded player and i would take her over CN 100%

Spot on! North has a hard impressive shot. I def. Do not think “Best all around player” and, I Do not think best “team player”! There are other players who I feel deserve the Tewarton over her!! I also think that BS and JO and others are way more well rounded all Around great players! Young girls should be looking at their games and enough about the CN hype and idolizing individual player play. It is after all a “team sport”!

Yep. Have my daughter looking at those two. She's a big BS fan. I think JO is far better, but she has three years on her. CN highly overrated.[/quote.

JO is an all-time great attacker that is obvious. She is obviously much better than BS but not fair to compare attackers to middies. Unless of course JO is suddenly going to run the entire field defending players like Hillman, Choma, Swart and Mastrioni 1v1. If JO did that her production would be cut in half. I also think the age advantage with so many players being 5th years is huge - both from a physicality and experience standpoint.