Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any other coach would have done the same darn thing. If you think they wouldn’t you are fooling yourself and it would be plain dense if they didn’t. Plus if we want to watch some good competition, ND needs to be in the mix

The UVA coach was in the same exact position and did not. She believed in her players to beat one of the top ACC teams in the conference tournament. No other team in the top 20 was anywhere near the .500 record requirement. So one team did and one team did not. I am on the side of UVA’s choice.

UVA did not have an available game to schedule.

Not sure exactly what that means but what I do know is that what Notre Dame did was Bush League. Obviously the coach did not believe that her team could win the competitive games that remained on her schedule so she scheduled a game vs a team that Notre Dame beat 27 - 2 and for that they will be rewarded. It's a darn shame that some team out there will not make the tournament because Notre Dame found a way to game the system. The NCAA really needs to change their rules, it's complete BS.

My point was the comment regarding UVA was in the “same exact position”. They were not. Notre Dame had a game available to schedule, UVA did not. Detroit Mercy didn’t have to say yes to the game and I’m sure didn’t want ND to take it easy on them. Every college sport schedules blowouts.[/quote]

"Gamed" Definition: "To manipulate, exploit, or cheat (a system, situation, etc...) slyly or dishonestly for personal gain. That is exactly what Notre Dame did. The Coach and Administration should be embarrassed and the Selection Committee should not award them a bid to the tournament. BTW... Notre Dame didn't schedule a blowout, they added a sure win because they did not believe that they could win enough games vs the teams that they "scheduled". The Notre Dame Coach has displayed a lack of confidence in herself and her players as well as a lack of conviction and integrity.