Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Both ND and UVA played 16 regular season games. Both played 3 weak teams they could beat easily. Because Meyers scheduled that easy win in the beginning of the season and ND did it at the end makes it disingenuous? I respectfully disagree that UVA deserves a bid over ND. . ND beat UVA outright. Also UNC and Duke beat UVA pretty good . Yes UVA beat Syracuse but that was without ET and what appears to be a pretty beat up team with a lot of the girls wrapped up. ND went to OT with a strong healthy Syracuse team. How a team finishes at the end of the season shows a lot about them. Besides BC , ND only team to really give UNC a run for their money. So my vote is for ND

Um no, I think ND belongs in before UVA. But yes. It was disingenuous. They don't schedule that if they are 7-3. they only scheduled it to give them a shot at 500. Thought it was pretty obvious in my post when I said, "I would say they deserve to play for what they did this weekend. Maybe they finally figured it out and can make a run in the tourney." I guess it wasn't that obvious.

Notre Dame gamed the system. They are a Top 20 team and are good enough to be awarded a bid but what they did is not good sportsmanship, it violates the spirit of fair competition. Going forward, The NCAA should either get rid of the .500 rule or forbid teams from adding games once the season begins. What is to stop teams from adding 2, 3, 4 games if needed.

There is a bubble team out there that will now be on the outside looking in because ND gamed the system. What they did may not violate NCAA rules but it is certainly a cheap way to back door your way into the tournament, it’s just wrong.