Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would say the Virginia coach has to be on the hot seat. The AD at UVA fired mens coach a few years ago, and Lars has built a nice program. Not to mention she had 7 kids leave team and hasn’t really won anything lately.

The other coach that needs to go is Gtown. He never could do both USA and coach college team. A easy replacement as MD asst coach Phipps husband is asst at Gtown Mens. They can car pool

I may not have this exactly right, feel free to correct as needed. I believe results in the post season conference tournament are included in the .500 record requirement to be eligible for the NCAAs.

Based on what I heard during the Syracuse/BC game, BC wins the 3 team tie-breaker to be the 2nd seed in the ACC tournament. Leaving Syracuse and Duke for the 3/4 seeds and I would think Syracuse wins that tie-breaker by winning the head-to-head regular season match-up. That means Duke will play Virginia. Virginia currently has a .500 record and needs to win that game to be eligible for the NCAAs. That will be a huge Also means Notre Dame plays Syracuse. If they beat Louisville today, and after adding the Detroit Mercy game late in the season, would still have have to win that game against Syracuse to be eligible.