Originally Posted by Anonymous
As the regular season comes to a close I am curious to see who people think the Tewaaraton will go to. After watching alot of games this year the pre season front runners CN, JO are great players but I feel others are more deserving. I have two main issues with CN. She does not make anyone around her better and when not being faceguarded actually seems like many of her talented team mates are uninvolved making the team much less dynamic.The other thing is she is essentially uninvolved in the ride and even when the other team wins the draw she seems to just give up.
JO its simply a matter of being just an attacker , not involved on the draw and being part of a team that has so many offensive weapons seems to make her less vital to her teams success. After watching UNC play multiple times this year I dont think she is the best player on her team . She may set the points record for the NCAA this year which means she will most likely get the Tewaaraton but after watching the UVA game I wonder how many of those came with 3 seconds left in a game that was over way earlier, that was clear stat padding .
I have not heard much about it but I think Ally Mastrianni (spelling) should be considered as she is excellent at the draw, on offense and may be the best defensive middie in the game.

Tons of hype for North after last season and the start of this season. She’s a great player but can the announcers stop with “greatest lacrosse player ever” nonsense. Seems she’s not even the best player on her team.

Did you watch the Syracuse game?JO pretty much won that game for them. she is the QB on offense and makes those around her better. Not her fault she doesn't take draws. And typically she is the first starter pulled in easier games.I try to watch a lot of the top teams play. I dont think you realise how hard it is to integrate transfers, freshman, and still worry about how you play.

I did watch the Cuse game and she was not the best player in that game.MT from cuse easily had the best performance in that game. Has never been and is still not the QB of that offense. Who's fault is it that she is not on the draw ? That's like saying its not CN fault that she has zero caused turnovers on the year , if JO were better on the circle they would use her there. She is an excellent offensive player and very good on the ride but again I think there are several players who are more deserving , who do way more than score.

I Just do not want to see CN get it for how she plays. Yes, she’s individually dominant , but is she the best team player? Does she make her teammates better? I think as a team, they would probably play better without depending on her. I think BC depends too much on her.