Originally Posted by Anonymous
I
Best case ND is 500 going into the ACC tournament. They will be underdogs in their 1st game against a team like Duke which could still put them below 500. If they manage to leave the ACC tournament with a 500 record they are still undeserving of an at large NCAA birth based on their overall rating, having few good wins and several bad losses. Their RPI will also hurt their case.

They are currently 5-7 with three games to play (Pitt, Marquette, Louisville) Plus the ACC Tournament. If somehow they are .500 I really hope the selection committee does not offer them an at large bid. Normally, I would not have a problem with ND getting in with a .500 record but after the nonsense they just pulled I really hope they do not make the tournament. It was bad enough to add the game but then to go on and beat the team that is helping you 27 - 2 is just not right. Don't be surprised to see ND follow Duke's lead going forward.

Classless!

I agree, classless! Hope they feel good and pumped up now. Ridiculous.
and if any of you were the head coach of ND or any team in a similar position you would do the exact same thing

Did Virginia add any late season games? Did any of the other bubble teams add games? Bad enough to add the game but just disgraceful to put up a 27 - 2 win. Shameful!