A few Monday morning musings on the weekend.

1. At 4-7, I do not know how you justify Notre Dame being in the top 20. I don't care about "quality losses" they just don't belong in the top 25. Watching them play, they just don't look like a top team, either.

2. Michigan. Also overrated. They play well when moving the ball fast, but they tend to get stymied by solid defensive teams. No way they should be ranked in the top 20, either and to only drop one spot after losing the last three straight, I just don't see it. They have talent, but the defense overall is lacking. I think an argument can be made for somewhere 21-25, but that's it. There is a possibility they lose 2 of the next three games (Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland). I expected a lot more out of this team this season (yes, I know they were 3-9 in 2021 but it was a tough schedule).

3. Pitt. While they are only 6-7, as a first year team they are putting up some solid first halves in games--three of those losses are by 2 points or less. I'm pleasantly surprised with how this first year team looks and I suspect they could win 3 of the next 4 games.

4. Louisville. What a heartbreaking loss for the Cardinals on Thursday night. They dropped another close one in OT on a last second goal, moving to 5-7. I see only one possible win in their next 5 games. While Scott Teeter had quite the mess to clean up, I don't think he has the key Assistants on staff (as he did at Canisius) to keep this job. I wonder how much longer he can hold on at The Ville?

5. North Carolina. They look like the best all-around team in lacrosse right now, but they will have a good challenge against Syracuse on the 9th. Will they end the Cuse 4 game win streak on Saturday? (My guess is yes.)