Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"When we play TurfIsland we know we are going to score goals in bunches. They do have a powerful offense and that is how they win. But don't list scores against B and C teams and claim you did great. The big boys were not there and would have scored more and shutout those teams. You have a good team but not as good as you all think."

Wildkatz played Igloo at laxfest in a pretty exciting game then tied TI. I believe Igloo also beat TI by one goal but had lost to 91. I know Igloo won in the end but the point I am trying to make is, when talent plays talent, the games will be close. Both teams will score goals. They are 10 yrs old. These teams will be playing each other for years, some boys will be recruited to other teams and may even play together. As parents we should respect the teams and teach our kids to respect each other. You never know who you may end up playing with.

Very well put ...I like it .....most of the kids know each other and are friends the parents are the problem ....always trying to jockey there kid and gain an advantage... THEY ARE 10 !!!!! do you think the kids are talking about this non sense ... I have been watching this thread for 3 days and I am ashamed to say I probably know some of these people that have posted on here . In the end does it really matter , does it ???? Nope . I guess a good word would be pathetic ..... Have fun with the team you are on and save the drama . Your not missing anything where you . If your kid enjoys the team he is on and the kids he plays with be happy . DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY
This is better then Jerry Springer .

This is out of control. Let me see if I can end this and show all you people that we all need each other.... I agree the problem starts with the parents. For some reason when the kids are 9 or 10 parents feel that if they have a kid who plays on the best team people will think their child will be viewed as better or even the best. It gives parents bragging rights. Since there is no ranking system or real championship game to see who is the best team it is left open for debate here and when we see each other. When we debate here and cut down the best Long Island teams in this open forum it weakens how people view Long Island lacrosse as I will explain. First let me make it clear to all that if your child plays on an elite team or even the best team it does not mean that he is better than other kids on other elite teams or even "B" and "C" teams. If fact the diference between an elite team is not the best players but the depth of the best players. The "B" teams better players can make most of the elite teams just as many "A" players can play on all the "A" teams. Just because your son plays on the best team it does not make him better than a kid that plays on a "B" team. But parents find a need to show the world that their son plays on the best team so he is viewed as the best. So pound your chest here and knock yourself out trying to show people your son plays on the best team. It does not mean your son is better than all the players on the other teams including those that play on "B" teams. Having said that there are 2 teams that are the best teams for 2021 and we all know they are. Now that does not mean that the other 3 "best" teams are not as good it just means that based on public opinion these two teams are the best for this year with 3 others very close. I base this on what most people say and what I have seen. I would put My son on any one of these 5 teams and be proud. All these teams are great scoring teams. Some teams may make changes next year or years after to get better. Some may add better defense which is almost always the fastest path to get better. One thing is for sure we are all from Long Island and we have an interest in making all of Long Island lacrosse better. I may not like some of these teams when My son's team plays them but when any Long Island team is playing any out of state team I ALWAYS want the Long Island team to Win. Many states want to take over as being the best and to do that they know they need to get better than US here on Long Island. If we are here fighting each other and cutting our Long Island teams down for the world to see it will be an easy fast take over for any state. Our kids will be ready for college in a few years and we all want Long Island to still be viewed as number one when it comes time for 2021 kids to pick a college. So remember each time you cut down one of our elite teams or even "B" teams you could be wekening the reputation of Long Island Lacrosse as a whole. After all if we have ony one elite team is Long Island a place where the best lacrosse is played? The more elite teams we have the longer colleges will be coming here to see our kids. WE NEED ALL OUR TEAMS TO GET BETTER !!! It does not matter who is the best as long as we keep the reputation of many elite teams. So please stop cutting each other down because in the end you are cutting down the talent pool on Long Island which includes all our kids. After all if your team is the only elite team on Long Island it means that the Long Island pool of players are not that good so why should colleges come here. We have an interest to have all long Island kids and teams get better at lacrosse. We should build all our Long Island teams up here for the word to see not tear them down. Don't forget that!!!