Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't understand why there is this long discussion of the Flyers cheating at Hershey. If there is a claim of cheating, it should be submitted to the tournament organizers and they should be obligated to investigate. That would include checking the birth certificates of all players who played. There is no grey area here. Either they used older players or they did not. And the tournament organizers must look into this because otherwise they are allowing a tournament where teams break the rules, which could result in injury. And if Flyers cheated, they should be banned from tournaments for a year. Period.

It was Chocolatetown Shootout, not Hershey. I did call but had no luck and left a voicemail. I never saw any organizers or a tent with organizers etc. We can't change history. If they can lay their heads down at night with a clear conscience, I feel really sorry for them

The tournament has a history of allowing older kids/teams to play down. I believe that BOTC had seen this complaint last year as well. This year the tournament allowed an older LI team into the wrong bracket but corrected it when BOTC called them out on it. The tournament had NO registration booth, the directors were nowhere to be found, they did not require rosters or backup to rosters (their website said that teams must present rosters but they did not enforce it). The Flyers cheated, they played with older kids. The kids told other teams kids they were older and the parents talked about it. The Flyers had two teams that dominated U-9 A and B brackets, each team had 2-3 subs. Each team had 3-4 kids that were not only a foot taller than every other kid on the field but also skilled in lacrosse like a 5th grader. If every kid on Flyers is U-9, then they could put together the best U-9 team in the country by far bar none and would have 4-5 kids on that team that are the best U-9 players in the country, and I am talking about better than anyone on Smash, Igloo, Express and better than the U-9 player on Crush that we all know. It was a blatant joke and it has been raised to the organizers and they have not responded. There is still time for them to do the right thing and investigate and assure everyone that this will never happen again or otherwise AVOID this tournament next year at all costs.