Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Club, D1, D2, D3 all have huge disparities from the best to the worst. The worst D1 team will get beaten badly by the best D2, D3 and MCLA club team. The worst D3 and club teams would get trounced by the best HS programs. My point is don’t focus on the division as much as which school is the best academic, regional, and social fit first then try to find a program which you think you can get playing time for. That is my advice. As a former HS coach I’ve seen many of my players in college quit, get cut, or ride the bench for 4 years because they were too concerned about the division they wanted to play for.

Focus solely on the best academic school you would never get into without lacrosse. As soon as you get there care less about lacrosse and focus solely on internships which will get you the best paying job when you graduate. Lacrosse stats don't pay rent in NYC and your future boss and girlfriend won't care.

I mostly agree with the above posts. Academics first, social environment second, lacrosse third.