Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Both of my kid's club teams, boy and girl, would have beaten all of D3 and likely scared some of D1. I am pretty sure my daughter's club team would win 2 of 5 vs her current D1 team. 80% of both of their club teams are playing mid to high level D1 and contributing.

Good for your kids, but that isn't the club lacrosse they're talking about..... There is "Club Ball" in college, which is to say non-NCAA intercollegiate competition. Many schools offer club sports in addition to NCAA athletics.

Club lacrosse is an excellent way for someone who enjoys playing to keep playing beyond HS..... especially if they haven't been heavily recruited or don't want the daily commitment of an NCAA sport. There have been instances where "club" athletes have taken a step and made the NCAA team at their college.

This isn't exactly the club lacrosse we're talking about here either. A poster on the previous page of this thread stated that top MCLA teams (think Brigham Young) "couldn't run with the bottom 10 D-3 programs," which anyone familiar with D3 lacrosse would know is completely incorrect.

High-end MCLA teams are much more akin to your typical varsity programs than they are to the type of club teams to which you're referring.