Division I Women’s Players of the Week 3-29-2022

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Isabella Peterson – James Madison University

Peterson led all players in scoring on Saturday in the Dukes’ upset over No. 3 Maryland, 13-8. The attacker notched five goals, one assist, five draw controls and a ground ball on her stat line. She has put up a hat trick and at least five draws in each of JMU's last three games, all of which were against top-20 opponents. James Madison improved to 6-4 with the win and are now ranked No. 12 in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll.

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Kate Shaffer – University of Connecticut

Shaffer tallied 11 goals and one assist for 12 points in a 2-0 stretch for the Huskies, who improved to 8-1. The junior had six of UConn’s 16 goals in a 16-11 win at Albany on Tuesday, before going for five goals and an assist in a 15-11 home win over Hofstra on Saturday. Shaffer notched the game winner against the Pride while also adding a ground ball in each contest. Connecticut is now ranked No. 21 in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll.

Defensive Player of the Week

Molly Dougherty – James Madison University

Dougherty made 11 key saves against the Terps, leading JMU to a 13-8 victory. She made seven of those saves in the second half for a season.