Turf Island played well. That NJ team from what I was told had kids a few years older. They certainly looked like an A team, I think you have to beat the best to be considered the best so I would have to see how they did against Igloo and 91 in an actual game. Thats not meant to be a slight. I rmember the start of the year many people kept saying the Wildkatz where an A team, well they have not beaten the true As. till they do their not. Same with Turf Island or anybody
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not elite...sure they are unorganized but they beat every team you mentioned

Really what teams have Turf Island beat ?

I am at Hershey and saw the best Turf Island 2021 team play a few times. It looks like 2021 Turf Island can score but the defense looks very weak! That IS SHOCKING given who the coaches are. If they want to compete with Igloo, Team 91, Express or even the Wildkatz they better add some big hard hitting guys at defense. You can see there are "favorites" so they won't make a change. They appear to be a "B" team.

I know you aren't talking about Deto's team. The defense let up a few goals in the first game because they were on fast breaks since they were up so big. Then only gave up four goals in the next three games. In the spring they beat igloo and express but didn't play 91. Obviously you weren't even at the tournament, you're just someone we know who wants to stir the pot. Get a life. You're pathetic.

I was there and I am talking about Deto's team. If you were honest with yourself and everyone else you would have disclosed that what you call a "few" goals was at least 7 goals. I left when the other team was at 7. They probably got more than that. This team only scored 6 goals against the Outlaws. An elite team should be able to stop fast breaks from a team that could not score more than 6 goals against a "B" team. The other teams you played were not very good offensive teams. You know I am right and that is why you used the word "few" to cover up the truth and called me names. I am not starting trouble. I see people are asking about your team and I told them what I saw and my opinion. No need to react the way you did it looks bad.

I was there for all of the Turf Island 2021 Blue Team games and here are the scores:
Oilers 12 - NJ Tomahawks 8
Oilers 11 - LI Outlaws 2
Oilers 8 - Hershey Cocoa Loco 3
Oilers 17 - Force Blue 0
Sounds like a pretty good tournament showing to me.
I have watched these boys play for the past three years and I have even coached some of them. They have become better players and are having fun while playing the game. What more could a parent/coach hope for? My son is happy, so I am happy. End of story.