Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Maryland wins the National Championship, Aurora Cordingley will win The Tewaaraton Award.

Neither of those are going to happen. After watching the front runners of Ortega and North this past weekend play against over matched opponents like they only care about their stats I hope a defender or two way middy wins the award .The ball hogging gets old.

I don't think either Ortega or North are Ball Hogs, they are obviously very good players who know how to score goals, no problem with that. Their coaches don't have a problem with it either. These two players along with most of the other top scorers put the majority of their shots on goal, we are talking above 70% and in some cases above 80%, Cordingley is at like 93% sots on goal. They also score on 50% and above some above 60%, Cordingley is pushing 70%. If your putting above 70% of your shots on goal and scoring on close to 50 % I would argue that you are taking quality shots you are not a ball hog. The true Ball Hogs will not have numbers anywhere near what good players have. If you are putting below 70% of your shots on goal it is probably because of poor shot selection (maybe pass the ball) or you are not a good shooter (maybe pass the ball to someone who can shoot). If your actual shooting percentage is below .300 you should probably stop shooting all together as the coaches will probably have a problem with sub .300 shooting percentage.