Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what does all of this mean for movement after this season? Top players from Top Guns, Jesters, Liberty have to be looking to move to more competitive teams. The Liberty especially. They aren’t even in the same league as these teams but have a few potentially strong girls.

No it doesn’t mean that at all…many of us are just absolutely fine not being part of the YJ drama machine. To say that the top players don’t exist outside of the top 12-14 girls on YJA is wildly uninformed.

I didn’t say they don’t exist. I am wondering what happens to them. You want to be playing on a top team to be seen as they get older.

Take a look at the latest recruiting class (2023’s)….get out of your YJ bubble. Congrats if your daughter rides the pine on YJA - it’s all meaningless in a few years and nobody will remember where your team was ranked except you dad.

My kid doesn’t play for YJ. She plays Liberty and the team is definitely not going in the right direction. My question was with so much talent on other teams it doesn’t leave room for much movement from other teams to get in better teams. I am not hung up on what team my kid plays for per se but lesser teams aren’t getting put into the best tourneys and won’t get as many looks from colleges. You do sound a little bitter over the YJ success. You can try and convince yourself that whatever team your kid is on will take them somewhere. That isn’t always the case. Training is always going to be better where the top teams are. And I mean that only the top teams are getting that attention. The YJ B and C team definitely doesn’t get as much attention as the A team.

Obviously every age group is a bit different. However in other years, besides YJ, the top talents from other clubs tend to gravitate to Jesters and TG, which tend to get better over time.

You forget tradition is starting to pull some better kids too